YO! What up dawwwgggggg??!!! Haha!
Hey Guys! Hope you are all doing great, we are closing in the mid-week! As yesterday I posted on my story regarding what you guys want me to blog about next, not long after a friend of mine messaged me and told me to write about the ‘HYPEBEAST’ culture and so I did!
What is a ‘HYPEBEAST’?
I did my own research to obviously bring you a legit post so I searched a bit and came across this “urban dictionary” post saying the following;
‘A Hype Beast is a kid that collect clothing, shoes, and accessories for the sole purpose of impressing others. Although the individual may not have a dime to their name they like to front like they are making far more then everybody else. Equipped with mommies credit card the Hype Beast will try his hardest to make sure he has every pair of Nike’s he saw Jay-Z wearing on 106 & Park.’
It honestly made me laugh because in a way it is true and quite savage 😅 . In a more simpler way HYPE means trendy item and BEAST means obsessed therefor these ‘HypeBeasts’ would be people who always following the biggest trends and would do anything to own any item from the smallest to the biggest. This can also be meant for ‘sneakerheads‘ as most of the times a ‘HypeBeast‘ starts a conversation they will always include a pair of Nike or adidas kicks!
What Are Some Signs Of Being A ‘HYPEBEAST’?
Let me point out 5 of the signs that you or someone else can be a ‘HypeBeast’.
- If you heard that there will be a ‘Supreme‘ drop coming up soon and you barely have enough money to live before the next pay-check you will still stay awake and do everything to at least get an item from that drop.
- You would only feel really fashionable if you are wearing everything from a hyped brand from head to toe. There are two different ‘HypeBeasts‘ the one that really does not care about how he styles himself and colour coordinates everything but as long as he is wearing everything hyped he is good to go and then there is the true ‘HypeBeast‘ that even though he is wearing everything high-end he still gives importance to his sense of style and colour coordination, I hope you are the second one because if you are the first one well, you are just wasting your money on items that you do not deserve of wearing 🤷🏼♂️.
- Every time you go out whether it is a very quick errand, a family outing or a night out with the lads, you will still gear-up to the full ‘HypeBeast‘ mode. The only thing that might stop you from gearing up to the fullest is not the location but the weather, the biggest enemy of a ‘HypeBeast‘ is the rain!
- If you start talking with someone and they come up with a name of a brand and you never heard of it then for you that brand is nothing because you think that you know all the best brands in the world.
- You are strongly influenced by what celebrities wear. In this culture the most celebrity looked after for his style is Kanye, he is more likely a being some sort of fashion guru to them.
How Can I Be A Proper ‘HYPEBEAST’?
Every design or collection has a story/theme behind it, you can search a bit regarding the piece you bought so you are not just only wearing it but you always know the meaning and feel a connection with the way you styled it.
If you think that this would be too much at least learn more about the actual brand of that piece for the same reason and also to save your ass from getting fooled around by other real ‘HypeBeasts‘ when they bring up a conversation about some brands or the style you are wearing. (LIFE SAVED)
Do not go out wearing all hyped out without no sense of fashion because you would end up being the joke of the day, whether you are wearing a very cheap item or a high-end one, you must always style it up as best as you could, the cost of the item will not make you look better if you style it bad on the contrary you might attract more bad attention and bad comments.
That is all for this post! Before ending this post I wanted to share with you a sick channel you should subscribe to! The person that gave me the idea about this post was Danyl Azzopardi a good friend of mine and also a huge ‘HypeBeast‘, like literally huge he never stops talking about this haha! He is a great guy to be around and also the right guy to ask if you would need to know more about this culture!
Go subscribe to his channel below and keep an eye out for his videos!
See ya next time!